We understand that having a child with autism can be very difficult at times. We truly believe that this bed will change your life by giving you peace of mind knowing that your child is safe during the night. One of the biggest obstacles that prevents families from owning a bed like this is money. Even though we have tried to reduce the cost to make it affordable for everyone, cost may still be an issue. To help get a bed in your home, we have been working with families to get the Noah’s World Bed paid for by Medicaid. We have been successful in three states–New York, Florida and Virginia–and are working for approval in other states.
We would like to share the steps we have taken to get coverage. This are not difficult, and if you follow these steps, you could have a bed in your home soon. By following these steps, you could have a bed in your home and know your child is safe without spending money that you need.
We would also like to offer you a way to make some money. If you are in one of the states that is not been approved for coverage yet and would like to document the steps needed to get approval. Please fill out the contact form and let us know. We will pay you.
Thank you for your interest in the Noah’s World Bed.
- Speak with your child’s Pediatrician regarding your concern for their safety. Explain that they may be awake and active during “sleep hours”. If possible, give specific examples of situations where their safety may have been compromised. (ie. They got out of the house, climbed on furniture, fell down the stairs, etc.)
- Have your child’s Physician write a letter of medical necessity and/or a prescription or the Noah’s World Bed.
- Contact your Medicaid/Insurance case manager and request payment for a Noah’s World Bed.
- As parents or guardian, write a letter to your Medicaid/Insurance Provider describing:
- What your life is like now and why you need the bed?
- How the bed will solve the concerns listed?
- How your child will be safe with the Noah’s World Bed?
- Ask your child’s therapists and teachers to write a letter as well
- In some areas it may be necessary to have your local fire and police departments endorse this bed as safe in case of emergency (With a Noah’s World Bed you will always know where your child is at night)
- You may also contact a local Durable Medical Equipment Dealer to help you with this process. (Have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)